Master computer configured with the latest version of TouchStar
The TouchStar Master Control System provides full function access to remote camera and receive site equipment. The intuitive touchscreen interface allows operators to control camera systems, diversity receivers and remote site controllers at multiple locations with ease. The highly configurable TouchStar software navigates from one receive site to the next with the click of a button. There is no limit to the number of remote sites an individual master can control. A single screen can be configured to operate equipment simultaneously at numerous locations. The TouchStar Master Control System includes a high- grade, rack-mountable PC and can be purchased with the M170 touchscreen monitor.
The TouchStar software has the ability to control a variety of devices at geographically diverse locations. It integrates all of the necessary functions onto one panel so the operator has full control of local and remote devices regardless of their venue. The TouchStar software can be used to control video switchers, routers, microwave transmitters/receivers and various other pieces of equipment with serial or discreet remote interfaces. The system provides a seamless transition from one device to the next by providing a common interface regardless of the manufacturer or age of the system. TouchStar Master Controllers can be networked, giving users the ability to simultaneously control the system from different workstations.
- Latest version of Troll's TouchStar
- Updated GUI
- Two (2) year software support and hardware warranty
- Controls multiple receive sites
- Two (2) year license for remote maintenance (Remote desktop support)
- Reconfiguration and integration of existing customer panels, including direct support from Troll engineers to review and rearrange GUI screens to meetcurrent operational requirements for up to five (5) remote devices
- Windows OS 10
The TouchStar software can be used to control:
- Video switchers
- Microwave transmitters
- Microwave receivers and various on-site equipment
- Any equipment with serial or discreet remote interfaces
- The highly configurable, intuitive TouchStar software touch screen interface allows the operator to control microwave and remote camera systems, Troll DMR receivers, and remote site controller
- Controlling equipment located at multiple locations with ease
- Navigating from one receive site to the next with the click of a button
- The control panel is configured to display a large active view of a selected location as well as a real-time snapshot of the other remote sites. For additional convenience, there are built-in presets providing the operator quick access to a user-defined remote site or camera configurations.
TouchStar software has an optional map-based interface that displays a street- level map of the entire United States. Operators can place receive sites, vans, trucks, and helicopters on the map. The map panel provides an accurate visual picture of the location of fixed and mobile assets in one convenient view. Receive antenna alignment is accomplished by simply selecting the transmitting source and the desired receive site on the map panel and pressing a button to steer the receive antenna to the correct heading. Additionally, the software provides a real-time representation of a moving aircraft location on the map. By using the mapping panel, the operator can quickly align multiple receive antennas to various different sources on-the-fly.
A Master Controller running TouchStar software can display a live video signal from each of the remote sites. A locally controlled router provides automatic switching to the active receive site as the operator navigates through the software. This feature aids the user in quickly setting up shots by eliminating the need to manually switch video sources. TouchStar automatically stores a bitmap image for camera presets in the preset button itself, providing a quick visual reminder of the pre-set position, which further reduces operator workload. Onscreen control over video parameters allows operators to normalize the video as required.